A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider: Words to Stimulate the Mind and Delight the Spirit is the follow-up to the bestseller, Hot Apple Cider: Words to Stir the Heart and Warm the Soul.
- Discover how a couple whose marriage has completely disintegrated learns how to value each other and rebuild a loving relationship
- Share the heartbreak—and joy—of a woman who discovers she has cancer
- See how God used a rickety old stepladder to transform a woman’s broken heart after her 49-year-old husband collapses and dies in the middle of a basketball game
- Follow along as an emptynester discovers a new purpose in life after the kids grow up
- Discover the sources of strength that help a young mother get through the most painful year in her life when she loses her three-year-old son to a hospital infection
- Follow along as a Mom realizes that the extravagant handfuls of chocolate chips her son throws into cookie dough shows her how to use extravagant amounts of love in all her relationships
- Find out what happens when a university student has to choose between passing her courses and helping the little sister who’s just found out she’s pregnant
- See how God answers prayers after a frustrated mother of four misbehaving children whispers, “Lord, give me patience!”—then promptly falls on ice and breaks her back
In A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider, as in the first book, Hot Apple Cider, in every instance above, these ordinary people discovered that God was there, waiting to meet their needs, calm their fears, and help them see His plan for their lives, where good eventually emerged. Every one of them learned that dependence on God creates the character and insights that produce a deep, rich faith.
Foreword by Ellen Vaughn.
This book includes more than 50 articles, stories and poems from 37 Canadian authors who write from a Christian faith perspective.
With over 45,000 copies in print, A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider is a Canadian bestseller. 30,000 copies were given out through World Vision Canada’s Girls Night Out program, and the rest have largely been sold through retail.
The book is available in paperback as well as e-pub and mobi formats.
It also won six 2012 The Word Awards and seven Awards of Merit.
Midwest Book Review called A Second Cup a “reminder that there is something good in the world.”
Faith Today magazine’s review said, “Some books surprise you with their ability to take your breath away… The short selections make this a perfect book for even indifferent readers. It would be a fabulous addition to an office waiting room, your bedside table, briefcase, backpack or purse. But be sure to buy more than one, for you will probably have the urge to share this gem of a collection with others.”
Please note that there is a free downloadable “Reader’s Guide” for this book as well as a Discussion Guide, with questions related to each story.
Each contributor has supplied questions about his or her piece to help readers think further about the issues raised, enjoy stimulating discussions, and share ideas and meaningful experiences.